Here is all that you need to know on How to Build a career in ethical hacking.
If you are planning to pursue your career in Ethical Hacking, then you should go for a Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree in CS/IT field If you don’t possess a degree in the respective field, then you must go through some certification programs or courses which is concerned or related to ethical hacking.
To know more about Ethical Hacking, keep reading this blog.
- Learn about Ethical Hacking
- Get an insight on how to get started as an Ethical Hacker
- Know about the Qualifications required for Ethical Hacking
How to Start Ethical Hacking for Beginners?
First of all, let’s understand what is ethical hacking?
Ethical Hacking is the process in which cyber security personnel tends to penetrate the system to monitor the vulnerabilities and threats in the system which a malicious attacker may find and attack the system, which can cause a loss of data or can result in other financial losses.
To avoid such a scenario, ethical hacking plays a huge part. The objective of ethical hacking is to provide a high level of security and to defend the system from any sort of cyber attack.
Now you might be wondering How to become an ethical hacker? So don’t worry we are here to help you with all the information you require to give a kick start to your ethical hacking career.
Here is a list of certification programs and courses on ethical hacking for beginners that can guide you to become a pro:
- Cyber Security Course
- Learn Cyber Security Online With Certifications
- Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Ethical Hacking Bootcamp
Qualifications Required for Ethical Hacking
It is not compulsory or mandatory that you need to have a degree in the engineering domain. You can still become an ethical hacker by enrolling in some of the courses based on ethical hacking and getting a deep understanding of ethical hacking. That’s all you need to do to become an ethical hacking professional.
Also Read: How To Become A Cybersecurity Professional?
Career Opportunities in Ethical Hacking
By now, you might be thinking or wondering about How to start a career in ethical hacking.
So here we bring you the list of career opportunities you can pursue after learning about ethical hacking:
- Information Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Penetration Tester
- Security Analyst
- Information Security Manager
- Cyber Security Engineer
Skills Required to Learn Ethical Hacking
Let’s throw some light on the skills required to learn ethical hacking:
1. You need to have an in-depth knowledge of system admiration and know how to manage security on a Linux system, including account management and policy settings.
2. You must possess good knowledge of AWS cloud concepts, which helps manage the system’s overall security and data.
3. A lot depends on your programming skills, if you are better at writing codes, you have already won half the battle. So now let’s understand some of the programming languages you must learn: Python Programming language, SQL, C language, PHP, Java scripts, C++, and Java are important programming languages you need to know.
4. You should at least have basic hardware knowledge to assess the problems in (CPU), monitor, mouse, keyboard, computer data storage, graphics card, sound card, speakers and motherboard, etc.
Since the world has digitally transformed, the role of cyber security personnel and ethical hackers has increased more than ever. Ethical hackers are required by almost every small or big company to manage the security and defend the system from any cyber threats to avoid any panic situation or disruption within the organisation.
I hope this blog might help you get all the information you want about ethical hacking.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I start my career in ethical hacking?
Enrol yourself in some of the certification programs related to ethical hacking and get certified as an ethical hacker.
2. How is ethical hacking a career?
As I said earlier in the blog, since the world is digitally transforming, we can assume that the demand for ethical hacking will also expand.
3. Is maths compulsory for hacking?
No, maths is not required to learn hacking.