Digital Marketing is one of the required areas for any business, and it is expected to rule the world in the coming years. So, it will generate great job opportunities in the Digital Marketing domain.
To get prepared for future exams and ace the interview. I have listed the top interview question that an interview will ask. These questions are both for freshers and experienced candidates.
- Digital Marketing Interview Questions
- SEO Interview Questions
- Content Marketing Interview Questions
- Social Media Marketing Interview Questions
- SEM Interview Questions
- Copywriting Interview Questions
- Email Marketing Interview Questions
- Digital Marketing Interview Questions for Freshers
- Digital Marketing Interview Questions for Experienced Professional
Here are Interview questions that are helpful for freshers, executives, and Managers.
Each category will provide five interview questions, so here it goes.
Top Digital Marketing Questions
1. Digital Marketing Interview Questions
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing, also known as online marketing, promotes products to connect with potential customers using the Internet and other forms of digital communication.
This includes emails, social media, web-based advertising, and mixed text and media messages as a marketing channel.
What are the types of Digital Marketing?
The main types of Digital Marketing are
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
What are the ways to increase traffic to any website?
Effective ways to traffic to any website are,
- Content Optimisation
- Content Marketing
- Writing Spicy headlines
- Targeting long-tail keywords
- Display Advertising
- Guest blogging
- Posting content on LinkedIn
- Seeking Referral Traffic
- Paid Search
How do you categorise Digital Marketing?
Two categories are,
- Outbound Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
Outbound Marketing involves quick access to customers to get them interested in the product.
Inbound Marketing is a strategic way to create relevant content that fits your target audience’s needs and promotes long-term customer relationships.
Your customers are your customers because you provide solutions to their problems.
Name 10 Digital Marketing tools?
- Google Trends
- Google Analytics
- Google Keyword Planner
- Digital Point Keyword tracker
- Alexa Ranking
2. SEO Interview Questions
What is SEO?
SEO stands for ‘Search Engine Optimisation, which is getting traffic from free, natural, editorial, or natural search results to search engines.
It aims to improve the ranking of your website on search results pages.
Also Read : What Is The Role Of SEO In Digital Marketing
Give a few areas where you can insert keywords to optimise your site ranking?
- Body Text
- Webpage content
- Website Title
- Website URL
- Meta Tag
Explain the kinds of SEO?
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- On-Page SEO refers to optimising pages on any website to enhance user experience & ranking.
- Off-Page SEO: This is the opposite of On-Page SEO, which refers to optimising elements outside your website. This includes backlinks, social media mentions, and many more.
- Technical SEO: Technical search engine optimisation refers to the techniques involved in creating and optimising a website so that search engines can easily crawl, target, and deliver.
What are the most important google ranking factors?
- Quality Content
- Technical SEO
- Page Speed
- Brand Strength
- Domain Strength
- Domain Authority
- User Experience
- Quality & Relevant Backlinks
- Content Depth
- Unique Content
What is Organic Result?
Organic results are provided by search results based on quality, relevance, and ranking variables.
It is also called free results. It appears underneath the sponsored results. This result cannot be obtained by paying Google.
3. Content Marketing Interview Questions
What do you enjoy about writing?
Here are five reasons you can depend on,
- Explain how you recreate your wildest imagination into writing.
- Explain how writing comforts you.
- Explain how you want to leave a mark on the Internet.
- Explain how you want to inspire your readers
- Explain how you implement the opinions and beliefs in your writing
What content marketing blogs do you read?
As a candidate, you need to provide the interviewer with details on what blog you go through. It can be in any genre, like in any field study you like.
Note: The interviewer will be checking how you will educate yourself and grow as a content marketer.
What process do you use when proofreading?
To publish any blog or any article or any descriptive content these are some of the main points should follow are
- Using a checklist – creating essential points, such as nouns, verbs, pronouns, and antecedents.
- Spell-Check – Before proofreading the entire description electronically, find spelling mistakes and errors like closing parenthesis and periods.
- Reading Aloud – Reading the description aloud will improve the chance of pointing out the errors like, for example, the sentence “I am the CEO.” You will find that repetitive error immediately.
- Subject-check – Check whether the content written matches the topic or the blog title.
Name a few essential components of good web content?
- Ensure the content is unique, i.e. make sure the content isn’t plagiarised. Plagiarism can create a negative impact on the company’s reputation.
- The content should be written to drive a call to action.
- The unique content that is provided should be from a legitimate source.
- Creating engagement by adding a Table of Contents, Headlines, Images, Videos, and infographics to technical blogs to make them more engaging.
- Lastly, the web content should be written so that the user should be satisfied and aim to rank on the search engine.
What are the types of content you can create?
Content marketing involves creating interest in a brand’s product/services by creating and sharing it online.
The types of content that you can create are
- Case Studies
- White Papers
- Social Media Posters
- Website Content
- Public Relation Articles
4. Social Media Marketing Interview Questions
What is meant by Social Media Marketing?
It is a way of using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and others to promote business products/services to gain effective traffic and customers.
How does social media benefit the business?
Social Media benefits businesses in numerous ways, the most effective of which is establishing communication with the customers. Social media especially enables customers or users to communicate directly with the brands.
Which social media platform is best for our business?
This can differ depending on whether the company/business/organisation is B2C or B2C.
Organise and prepare yourself to answer based on the type of company you’re interviewing with.
How should a company measure social media marketing success?
The answer may vary from business to business.
To be neutral, you can answer this question as follows.
- If the company’s goal is to create awareness – look for reach, and most important is how widely the message the company published is spreading.
- If the goal is to drive traffic to their company website, concentrate on URL Shares, track clicks and conversions, and follow the path the users are using to enter various pages on the company’s website.
- If the goal is conversion, track the content downloaded, webinar registrations, lead generation form submission, online sales, etc. These depth metrics help you understand how many people took action due to each.
- If the goal is engagement, calculate how many users participated in the conversation. How many comments, reposts, replies, or retweets are the posts generating?
Which marketing metrics are the most important to track?
Surprisingly, this question can vary depending on the company you’re interviewing with.
Kindly get into depth and research their business and their presence on social media, and answer this question with your perception of what you’ve learned about their business.
5. SEM Interview Questions
What is Google AdWords?
It is an online advertising platform that helps the userland interested people to know your website and the type of business you are offering. With the help of Google ad word, you can create ads on the search engine page to earn extra income.
To do this task, all you have to do is decide when to display these ads on your page.
What is Pay per click?
When people search for anything related to their business websites on the search engine platforms, sometimes you may or may not find a website in the search result.
But with the help of the Google advertising model, you will get an assurance that your website will appear every time.
Google’s online advertising model is the pay-per-click (PPC) model or advertising.
Can you explain how Adwords works?
Google Adwords ultimately depends on the concept of bidding. This can be based on a particular advertisement price.
More than you pay, your ad will be in the highest ranking. This Google Adwords also works on a pay-per-click basis.
If someone clicks on your ad, you need to pay the amount you quoted during the bidding time.
What do you mean by Ad Rank?
Ad Rank is an exceptional concept that decides which ad should show in which position.
There is a formula to show this position.
Ad Rank = Your bidding CPC * Quality score + Ad extension.
What is CTR in Google?
CTR abbreviation is Click-through Rate. This metric measures the number of clicks on the ads and the number of impressions your website gets.
6. Copywriting Interview Questions
Why do you want to work for us?
There is no specific answer to this question because it depends on the company.
So, here are the tips for these questions,
Research the company before the interview so that you know a few facts.
Let’s say you’ve worked in similar positions, then share a few facts about the industry you have worked in and how you enjoyed it.
You can research some of the copywriting works that the company has done before/at present and speak about the campaigns you liked.
Give me a few points on essential elements that make up good copywriting?
Here are the tips for answering these types of questions,
High-level research and data collection from credible sources.
Short paragraphs and images are utilised to break up space and make it easier to read.
Being able to establish an authoritative voice while also relatable to the target audience.
Actionable, practical content convinces the reader of the importance of finishing the book.
How do you handle stressful situations and tight deadlines?
This is one of the common interview questions that will be asked.
So, here are some example answers,
I have a regular practice of time management and prioritisation. I don’t take anything personally, so it doesn’t affect me if a person shoots me up with new tasks.
As I practice meditation every day, learning to be calm in most situations has developed my capacity.
As I had worked in specific stressful jobs like sales or any job, give them how you managed the job.
How do you approach content creation with on-page SEO?
There are different ways to answer this question. If you have the ideal experience with on-page SEO and don’t have the knowledge, start ASAP!
So, here are the approaches for content creation with on-page SEO,
- Identify your target audience.
- Define your topic in the body.
- Pinpoint the keyword that meets your audience’s needs.
- Optimise the content thoroughly.
- Keep the information up-to-date.
- Make your content unique.
- Track your success frequently.
How do you tailor your content to suit different audiences?
Some famous content writers like to tailor the content by knowing the interest and language the audience speaks, rediscovering their necessities and their culture, interests & worldview.
7. Email Marketing Interview Questions
How do you keep up to date with the latest email marketing trends?
There are infinite information sources for email marketers to be up to date.
Some of the marketing news sources are
- Email on Acid
- Taxi for Email
Tell me one difference between mailability and deliverability?
These two are the concepts of why an email can or can’t make it into the audience’s inbox. These two concepts are often confused in email marketing, especially in Pardot. These concepts utilise the same prospect fields.
The status you have with the recipient is called mailability. Do you have permission to send emails? This may be summed up in a single word: consent.
Deliverability refers to your ability to reach the recipient’s inbox on a specific date/time. Consent does not guarantee that your email will be delivered; many variables exist.
How would you incorporate landing pages into the campaign’s flow?
Landing pages are created to entice visitors to do the intended action. They should be designed so that the activity is evident and the page is difficult to leave.
The email text serves as a ‘teaser,’ linking to a landing page with far more information and, in most cases, a form.
What is a Drip Campaign?
Many direct marketers use drip campaigns, which involve sending a steady stream of marketing materials to users over time.
Drip campaign aims to generate sales by repeatedly exposing its recipients to the promoted products and services over time.
Describe some of the ways to keep email databases clean?
- To eliminate incorrect email addresses, email verification is required.
- Cleaning the list to remove spam and dummy data.
- Inactive/unengaged users are archived from the user base, such as those that haven’t opened an email in 6 weeks.
8. Digital Marketing Interview Questions for Freshers
What are the types of Keywords?
- Informational keywords are used by those looking for a specific answer or broad information.
- Searchers looking for a particular site or page use navigational keywords.
- Commercial keywords are used by those who want to learn more about brands or services.
- Transactional keywords are used by those who want to accomplish a task or make a transaction.
What is a Keyword Research Tool?
A keyword research tool aids in the discovery of specific queries that people are looking for on browsers like Google, Bing, and Amazon.
This aids you in locating compelling content that your customers desire.
What are the types of Keyword Research Tool?
5 Best Keyword Research Tools are as follows
- Long Tail Pro
What is a google search console?
Google Search Console is a Google web tool that allows web admins to verify the progress of their websites’ indexing and optimise their exposure.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a web analytics tool provided by Google that records and reports website traffic. It is now available as a platform within the Google Marketing Platform.
9. Digital Marketing Interview Questions for Experienced Professional
What emerging marketing trends have you identified that could affect our industry?
- Consumer purchase decisions will get more complicated.
- Personalisation will become more common in product design and communications.
- Marketing is increasingly centred on mobile communications.
- Brand-customer relationships will be governed by transparency.
What are the tools used to track campaign performance reports?
- Cost Per Conversion.
- Social Media Engagement.
- Click-Through Rate.
- Bounce Rate.
- Landing Page Conversion Rate.
What is the connection between SEO and content marketing?
Content marketing, also known as link building in SEO, is the process of attracting more consumers or visitors to a website by providing valuable and helpful content in articles, blogs, and guest posts.
The main goal of content marketing is to increase traffic, whereas the purpose of SEO is to convert visitors to buyers.
What top three social media platforms would you use to promote our brand?
This answer is dependent on the company. So, research the company entirely, then think about the platforms & also the why to use those platforms.
So, here are some of the social platforms
What is your experience with co-marketing campaigns?
Both businesses offer content or a product in a co-marketing cooperation and share the outcomes of such promotion. Explain your own experience in the same way.
This concludes our discussion of “Digital Marketing Interview Questions.” I hope it expanded your understanding of digital marketing.
Verzeo has a specially curated Digital Marketing Program that will help you gain expertise in various digital media aspects such as Keyword Planning, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, and Google Analytics if you wish to register for a complete course on Digital Marketing Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is digital marketing easy to answer?
The method for brand marketing using internet media is known as digital marketing. SEO, SEM, Link Building, Email Marketing, PPC, Affiliate Marketing, and other tactics are included.
How do I prepare for a digital marketing interview?
5 Interview Preparation Tips for Digital Marketers
1. Don’t be hesitant to express your dissatisfaction with the company’s website or social media platforms.
2. Have a presence on the Internet.
3. It’s okay if you don’t know everything there is to know about the digital world.
4. Limit the use of jargon and buzzwords.
5. Be at ease with statistics.
Who is the father of digital marketing?
Rand Fishkin is considered to be the father of digital marketing. He is a digital marketing and SEO visionary. He is the co-founder and CEO of SparkToro, and he is the best digital marketer in the world.