Campus Ambassador Opportunity!!!
With the growing importance given to extracurricular activities, it has become essential for students to become more active and get involved in co-curricular activities happening in their campuses.
Seemingly, it has become significant to pursue internships and interact with companies to gain practical experience of the corporate culture before actually stepping into it.
But, one should know, where to start from. So, we are here to talk about one such way to get yourself through this practical exposure.
Try being a Campus Ambassador! But, what is it? Who is a Campus Ambassador?
This is a deliberate activity and anyone who wants to get exposed to the wider opportunities can enroll themselves in a Campus Ambassador program and adhere to the Campus Ambassador Opportunity.
Who is a Campus Ambassador?
Surveys denote that many college-goers are still not clear about the meaning of Campus Ambassador.
Let’s try to understand what is Campus Ambassador.
Campus Ambassadors (CA) act as the connection between a company and the university they are studying in. They are the main and direct contact with the company and are the voice of the company on their campus.
These Campus Ambassadors are interested and excited about the company, its beliefs, what it stands for, and its work. They also tend to possess leadership qualities, taking initiative, and charge on their campuses. Due to this, they are also influential.
They have all the right contacts, with both, students and the faculty. The best part about this link is that a member of the university need not approach the company directly, they can approach the ambassador.
The campus ambassador program is much more approachable and accessible than the company. They can be of great assistance due to the responsibility they carry.
Also Read: Campus Ambassador Program: An Ultimate Guide
What are the Duties of a Campus Ambassador?
A Campus Ambassador or Student Ambassador is responsible for endorsing the company they are tied up with. To do so, the following duties have to be performed by them in their respective campuses:
- Spread awareness about their product in service and the student community
- Organize events on the campus promoting the company. These events can be interactive by hosting questionnaires to clear any doubts that their fellow students might have about the company.
- To provide product demonstrations. They might also hold seminars and workshops to help students understand the true value of their product
- They also need to develop campus-specific marketing and outreach programs/campaigns. Companies often require their ambassadors to collect valuable feedback from the university about the company itself.
Wanna try your hands on?
- BE THE FACE OF VERZEO
- UNLEASH YOUR MARKETING SKILLS
- EARN UPTO Rs 15,000
Benefits of Being a Campus Ambassador or Student Ambassador
A well managed and well-executed Campus Ambassador program will have a lot of benefits for the students as well as the company. Let’s see some of the benefits of being a Campus Ambassador:
- It is a great learning opportunity for students. It provides a glimpse of the corporate world to the students and they learn about the working of organizations.
- Students gain skills like team management, event organization, public speaking, social media, content writing and promotion, and various other technical skills.
- Being a Campus Ambassador provides students with special access to events, conferences, etc. organized by the company.
- It provides them with an opportunity to get connected with various like-minded students across various campuses.
- You can add Campus Ambassador experience in your resume and get ahead of others
- Get industry certified for being a campus ambassador
The benefits and recognition of being a Campus Ambassador are not limited to the above-mentioned list. There are a whole lot of other benefits of being a Campus Ambassador which you can unlock once you enroll in it.
Things to consider before applying for a Campus Ambassador Program
The following things need to be kept in mind before you go ahead and apply for the Campus Ambassador program for any organization.
- Do thorough research of the company before applying. If possible, read reviews of the previous students on their website.
- Understand the program thoroughly and clear all the doubts regarding the company.
- Make sure the organization has a proper performance tracking mechanism. You don’t want to do all the activities for the company and in the end not get recognition for it.
- Ask the company about how much time you need to invest in a week. You don’t want to sacrifice your study because of the Campus Ambassador program.
- Understand how they have planned the Campus Ambassador program. Whether they have a clear objective or not.
Difference between Internship and Campus Ambassador Program
Internships are temporary employment. Here, candidates need to perform specific tasks assigned to them.
Sometimes, companies also provide the candidates with training prior to the internship so as to make them familiar with the company’s working environment and day to day processes.
The candidate may or may not be paid for the work done. An internship can last from a few weeks to a few months and can be either part-time or full-time.
Also Read: Best Full-Time Paid Internships
Campus Ambassador programs provide informal positions to students where the student is not working from the office and is purely assigned the task of spreading the word of the company in their respective campus.
They can be paid or unpaid, depending on the company. Some organizations may provide technical training to the ambassadors and some may not. It is dependent on the organization itself.
I hope I have answered all your doubts related to the Campus Ambassador job description and program. With Verzeo, grab the Campus Ambassador Opportunity and get the chance to explore its varied benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Campus Ambassadors Get Paid?
Depending on the Company the Campus Ambassador is working for, they can be paid or unpaid.
How Do I Become a Campus Ambassador
Here are the steps to Become a Campus Ambassador:
Research about the companies you want to work for
Look for openings and submit your resume
Highlight your skills
Come up with creative strategies
Does Campus Ambassador boost my Resume?
Yes, a Campus Ambassador Certificate can boost your resume as it shows that you have some experience in working closely with the corporate structure.
Is campus ambassador an internship?
Campus Ambassador is considered an internship as you will be working for a company. However, the mode of internship is informal as you will still be in your college and not in a corporate office.