One of the most sought-after necessary components of a corporation is a Finance specialist. The good news is that you can simply become one by enrolling in a free online Finance course that provides certificates.
This will not only improve your knowledge, but it will also help you earn more money at your existing employment.
We have curated the best free Finance courses online that will help you improve your relationship with money.
- Finance refers to the management of money and the acquisition of necessary funds.
- Get to know the list of the best free Finance courses online that covers topics like banking, credit, investments, assets, and liabilities that make up financial systems.
- Finance is one of the fastest emerging fields, with its usage in several domains. Studying Finance will not only help you grow in your professional career but also aid your personal Finance decisions
What is Finance? An Overview
According to Investopedia, Finance is a broad term that describes activities associated with banking, leverage or debt, credit, capital markets, money, and investments.
In simple terms, Finance refers to the management of money and the acquisition of necessary funds.
It also includes the regulation, development, and study of money, banking, credit, investments, assets, and obligations, all of which are components of financial systems.
Also read: 10 Best Finance Books That You Must Follow
Best free Finance courses online
There are several free finance courses online available on the internet. The goal of this article was to curate the best financial courses online with certificates that explain everything from the scratch.
The list mentions the topics covered in each course and duration so that you can choose the course that suits you the best.
1. An Introduction to Credit Risk Management
What is credit risk, exactly? Why is it so critical to deal with it correctly in modern economies? To answer these problems, An introduction to Credit Risk Management course combines theory and practice.
Credit risk is one of the three fundamental risks that a bank or other regulated financial institution must confront when functioning in the markets, (the two other risks being market risk and operational risk) according to the Basel Accords, a global regulatory framework for financial institutions.
In today’s environment, proper awareness of credit risk and the ability to manage it are critical.
From a theoretical and, most importantly, a practical standpoint, you will be able to grasp and appropriately use the basic tools of credit risk management at the end of the course.
It is a great free Financial Course with a certificate available online, although you have to pay a fee to obtain the certificate.
The duration of this free Financial course is 7 weeks at a pace of 6 to 7 hours per week.
- The definition and the implications of credit risk for banks and other financial institutions
- The most recent risk regulations for banks: Basel II and Basel III
- How to critically use basic measures of risk like Value-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall: computation and interpretation
- The definition and the use of credit ratings
- How to define the probability of default of a counterparty
- Important credit risk models like Merton’s model, the Moody’s KMV model, CreditMetrics and Credit Risk Plus
- The basics of Credit Default Swaps (CDS)
2. Introduction to Finance and Accounting specialization
Learn the basics of Finance and Accounting. Build a foundation of core business skills in Finance and Accounting.
Introduction to Finance and Accounting specialization starts with ideas and applications like time value of money, risk-return tradeoff, retirement savings, mortgage financing, auto leasing, asset valuation, and so on.
Excel is used in this specialization to make the learning experience more hands-on and to help learners understand the ideas more clearly.
The curriculum gives a solid foundation in Corporate Finance, including topics such as valuing claims and making financing decisions, as well as parts of a basic financial model.
- Discounting and compounding arbitrary cash flow streams in order to value different claims and make better financial decisions.
- Difference between NPV and Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Classification of cash flows into operating, investing, and financing activities
- How companies account for investments in debt and equity securities
3. An Introductory Course in Personal Finance and Credit
Did you know that 40% of credit card users do not pay off their entire balance each month and are penalized as a result? Poor personal financial management can have a significant impact on your life as well as your credit score.
An introductory course in Personal Finance and Credit course available on the Alison platform helps you learn how to successfully manage your money by learning to budget and save.
Students can take personal enrichment and professional courses in a variety of disciplines through Alison’s online learning platform. This financial literacy course will teach you how to properly manage, budget, and save money. It is one of the best free personal finance courses available online.
You can take control of your finances today with this free and powerful course by investing 6 to 10 hours of your time. It also comes with a certificate as proof of your personal development.
- Saving Money
- Manage Debt
- Purchase Insurance
- Plan for Retirement
4. Trading – Fundamentals of Technical Analysis
Learn how to use tools based on price action and other technical principles to apply technical analysis as a standalone trading approach or as a supplement to fundamental analysis.
It’s crucial to understand the philosophy of technical analysis, why it’s a rational approach to market analysis, and how this discipline ties to fundamental analysis and investor psychology before you can confidently apply it.
You can complete the Trading – Fundamentals of Technical Analysis course in 6 weeks if you invest about 2 to 3 hours per week.
- Apply technical analysis as an important component of security analysis, especially when combined with fundamental analysis
- Understand how chart patterns reflect the principles of behavioural Finance
- Apply specific technical strategies to the investment selection process
- Develop trading strategies based on technical theories
- Evaluate indicators and patterns based on quantitative analysis
- Background and Basics, Why Technical Analysis Works, Constructing, Chart Patterns, Psychology of Trading and Interpreting Charts.
5. Finance for Everyone: Smart Tools for Decision Making
Learn how to use frameworks and smart tools to analyze and make everyday financial decisions in this University of Michigan’s Introduction to Finance course.
Want to increase your financial literacy and learn how to think effectively about crucial financial decisions? Finance for Everyone will highlight finance’s beauty and strength.
Finance for Everyone: Smart Tools for Decision Making course will serve as a springboard into the world of money, with a focus on many applications that may be applied to your daily life. Join us to learn how to use frameworks and tools to make smarter financial decisions.
There are no prerequisites for this course except for a sense of curiosity and a positive attitude.
The duration of this course is 6 weeks with a pace of 5 to 6 hours per week.
- Why Finance is everywhere and how it affects all of us
- An understanding of the financial world, and an appreciation for the beauty and power of Finance
- Gain the fundamental knowledge, skills, and tools of Finance and the ability to apply them everywhere, in personal and professional situations
- Different frameworks for decision-making
- Acquire skills in using different decision-making tools, and learn to make sound personal and professional financial decisions
- The concept of Time Value of Money (TVM) and apply related tools and frameworks to everyday decisions.
6. Financial Markets
Offered by Yale University, the Financial Markets course is one of the best free Finance courses online. It has been attended by over one million people and has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
An overview of the concepts, methods, and structures that allow human civilization to control risks while also encouraging enterprise.
The need for financial leadership abilities is emphasised. Today’s practises are described, as well as the future prospects.
Understanding the real-world functioning of the Securities, Insurance, and Banking Industries requires an introduction to Risk Management and Behavioural Finance principles. The ultimate purpose of this course is to successfully use such industries in order to improve society.
- Basics of financial markets, insurance, and CAPM (Capital Asset Pricing Model).
- Behavioural Finance, forecasting, pricing, debt, and inflation.
- Stocks, bonds, dividends, shares, market capitalization.
- Exploring recessions, bubbles, the mortgage crisis, and regulation.
- Introduction to investment banking, underwriting processes, brokers, dealers, exchanges, and new innovations in financial markets.
- Lectures about nonprofits and corporations, and your career in Finance.
7. Investment Management Specialization
In a globalized world, make wise investment decisions with this finance course. Discover how a wealth-generating investing portfolio works in real life.
In the Investment Management Specialization course, You’ll learn how investment strategies are created to help people achieve their financial goals in a global setting.
You’ll study the theory behind sound investment decisions, as well as practical, real-world skills you may use while discussing investment recommendations with your advisor, managing your personal assets, or managing the financial portfolios of your clients.
- Understanding Financial Markets
- Meet investors goal
- Portfolio and Risk Management
- Securing Investment return in the long run
8. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies
How does Bitcoin work? What makes Bitcoin different? How secure are your Bitcoins? How anonymous are Bitcoin users? What determines the price of Bitcoins? Can cryptocurrencies be regulated? What might the future hold?
After completing the Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies course, you’ll have all you need to tell reality from fiction when it comes to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
You’ll be able to build secure software that interacts with the Bitcoin network using the conceptual foundations you’ve learned. You’ll also be able to incorporate Bitcoin-related concepts into your own projects.
This course is one of its kind and has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, making it one of the best free financial courses online. You can also get a certificate after the completion of the course but you may have to pay some extra fees.
- Introduction to Crypto and Cryptocurrencies
- How Bitcoin Achieves Decentralization
- Mechanics of Bitcoin
- How to Store and Use Bitcoins
- Bitcoin Mining
Finance courses teach you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the financial world.
Finance courses (both paid and free, online or in a classroom) are available all over the world to help you achieve your goals.
Whether you are currently working in the area and looking for professional development, or considering a career move, or attempting to boost your resume, Finance courses will help you get through your way.
Free Financial course online with certificates allows you to learn at your own pace and receive confirmation of accomplishment, putting you on the road to a successful profession.
As a result, I strongly advise you to take advantage of this chance and enrol in one of the free online Finance courses.
Must Read: Top 10 highest paying Finance jobs
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can enrol for a free online Finance course?
Free online Finance courses are available for everyone – both those in the Finance field and Non-Finance people who want to gain more knowledge to make better financial decisions.
how long does it take to complete a free online finance course?
Most free Finance courses online are self-paced and can be completed in 1-2 days or in about 6-8 weeks.
What do I need to enrol for a free online Finance course?
Most free Finance courses online do not have prerequisites except for a sense of curiosity and a positive attitude. Also, there are things you need to put in place for you to enjoy the course effectively.
Here is a list of essential items:
1. A working computer or phone.
2. The right operating system.
3. Useful software.
4. Web browsers.
5. Reliable internet access.
6. A few accessories.
Is Finance harder than accounting?
Accounting is a more difficult subject to master than Finance. Accounting is more involved, with strict sets of arithmetic rules governing it. Finance requires an understanding of economics as well as some accounting.
Is a degree in Finance worth it?
Yes, a Finance degree is worth it for many students. Gain the technical knowledge to advance your career in a wide range of industries that rely on highly qualified financial professionals with strong decision making and critical thinking skills to find solutions to financial situations.